Monday, April 03, 2006

Nine Black Alps

This evening I headed down to Tower Records with Wen Wei to check out a free acoustic performance by the Nine Black Alps. Apparently they are pretty big in the UK (they're a 4-man rock band from Manchester) and are currently trying to break into the US market. It was quite awkward coz we were expecting the place to be rather packed, but it turned out that not that many people turned up. Well, they are playing right now at ticketed event in Central Square , so I it was still a sweet deal for us :) In my opinion, their acoustic stuff is better than their rock stuff.

p/s: if someone knows what's up with the funky name, do let me know.

2 comments:

Visual Cacophony said...

It was a pretty good set, even though we were too 'kiasu' in getting there early. I guess we overestimated their appeal, haha.

Visual Cacophony said...

The group take their name from a line in a Sylvia Plath poem called The Couriers.