I just got back from deep sea fishing and I still feel as though my world is rocking. Once upon a time, I had the impression that "deep sea fishing" meant putting on scuba gear and going deep into the sea to harpoon some fish, so I was a little disappointed when I found out the reality was not quite so exciting. Nonetheless, we headed down to Captain John's this morning (setting out at 5am!), ready to start our own private aquarium. Alas, catching fish isn't very easy. Within a couple minutes of dropping our lines into the water, Xiaojuan caught the inaugural fish of the day, setting the pace and filling me with optimism for the day ahead. Unfortunately, the fish she caught was considered too small and had to be returned to the ocean. This was the same case for Gabriel's catch a few hours later, and Yogi's one as well. Our sole victorious fisher(wo)man was Kat, who managed to snag a rather large fish after sinking a rather large piece of bait. At the end of the day, the losers of the day were Daryl, Eli and myself, as after 8hrs on the boat, we still had no idea what a bite on the hook felt like :( Thank goodness for the supermarket otherwise my family would surely starve. Well, at least we got to see whales :) Anyhow, this seems like a faster way to go fishing...




No comments:
Post a Comment