Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Jamica Mon!

Got back from Jamaica yesterday, after a journey that began at 7:50am and ended around 8pm. Whew... I guess I would describe the trip as relaxing since we took alot of afternoon naps in between eating jerk chicken, playing frisbee, climbing a waterfall, and getting offered weed. Apparently the only place where it's legal to smoke marijuana in Jamaica is at church (the Rastafarian faith believes that smoking weeds helps you get close to God). As one would expect, there are alot of entrepreneurial individuals that sell weed on the street as well. Interestingly, whenever we travel in a group, I am always the only one who gets offered. According to one guy we spoke to on the beach (who incidentally was trying to sell me a big "Bob Marley"), I seem to have the "weed vibe". That's wonderful. Thankfully the people at customs don't think the same way :P Anyhow, just for the record, I do not/did not/have never smoke(d) pot.

For more photos of this adventure in the land of Ganja, check out Wen Wei's blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture man. Looking buff dude. Anymore hot pics? haha

Marcus said...

Yup, look at Wenwei's blog.