So begins my academic life at Harvard... Sat in on 3 classes today: Moral Perspectives on Economic Growth, Chinese Foreign Policy and Political Economy of Development. The first two were pretty good while the last was quite a let down. Nonetheless, it seems like I'm in for a lot of essay writing. The Moral Perspectives class alone is gonna require a total of 55 pages of deep insight on my part on top of frequent debates in class. Actually, from the syllabus, this class looks really interesting since it provides somewhat of a philosophical backdrop to all the econ I did at Chicago. Still, it's times like this when you wish you had an relaxing math class to ease things up abit, but then again, I would probably be complaining if I had one too :P
The picture on the right is of the East Asian Studies Department's humble abode, wherein lies the infamous Yenching Library. The dude on the left is the first Chinese teacher to come over from China (pretty awesome eh?)


No comments:
Post a Comment