Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Weight Loss for Dummies

A couple of days back I watched The Machinist, which reaffirmed my admiration of its star, Christian Bale. The movie is basically about this guy who hasn't slept for a year and has recently been receiving cryptic notes that start to really mess with his head. In terms of genre, it's pretty much a cross between Momento and The Game, both of which are superb films. Anyhow, a key element of the film is that the main character is ridiculously thin. Considering that we're talking about a guy who would play Batman only a year later, his massive weight loss and subsequent recovery is nothing short of amazing!

For those of you who are interested, I would recommend some of his other films like American Psycho and Equilibrium, both of which have not been terribly popular at the blockbuster, but nonetheless have a charm of their own. This guy really specializes as playing characters who are somewhat psychotic, and hence I was really glad that he was casted for the most recent Batman Begins since the part suits him to a tee.

No comments: