Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Reform of Chinese Foreign Exchange Regime and Financial Stability in the Opening Process

I went for the above-mentioned talk yesterday, thinking that I should be a dutiful MAS employee and get informed about what's up in China. So battling through wind and rain, I got myself to William James Hall to listen to Mr. Li Dongrong, Deputy Administrator of State Administration of Foreign Exchange, PRC , speak on the topic. I guess I should hve figured out that the talk was gonna be in Chinese, but I thought "hey, i can handle this..." I guess not... I probably understood 20% of what he was saying even though he was using powerpoint slides as well. Even if I could read every word on the slide, I still couldn't figure out what was going on. That's depressing. I think I really should take up Business Chinese next year...

[in the picture, the guy on the right is Mr Li, while the guy on the left is the teaching assistant for one of my classes who so happens to live in my dorm]

No comments: